Employee Handbooks. An essential part of any organization that provides expectations and rights to employees, and provides employers with guidelines in which to govern their business as it relates to policy. Understanding the most common employee handbook mistakes, and how to avoid them is critical to any business, no matter the size. Here are the Top 10 Mistakes:
- Having a “form” handbook that includes promises you can’t keep.
- Too many details on procedures and not enough company policies.
- Not being clear about an introductory/probationary period.
- Being too specific regarding your disciplinary procedures.
- Not being consistent with other company documents.
- Overlooking an “at-will” disclaimer.
- Reassuring employees that their jobs are secure.
- Not considering state laws.
- Failure to update the handbook regularly.
- Setting unrealistic policies.
Does your handbook need to be reviewed or updated? Contact HRPro4You, LLC today and learn how we can help you “EmbraceHR”.